Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Wednesday Wish


When I was young and fabulous, I was the (very) proud owner of a pair of leather trousers.  To say I loved them would be an understatement.  I wore them so much that I reckon the cost per wear was less than 10p by the time they were retired to the Fashion Graveyard.  By day I wore them with slouchy sweaters and Chelsea boots; by night with heels, silk shirts and tuxedo jackets.  No matter what the occasion was, I rolled out the leather trousers!  Even during pregnancy, I eschewed the tent-like dresses on offer and bought a pair of leather maternity trousers  … well worth the money, honest!

Anyhow, when I hit the wrong side of 40, I reckoned I should hang up my leather trousers for good.  As much as I eyed them covetously on others, the word ‘mutton’ kept springing to mind.   Well, no more!  At a gathering of my in-laws recently, one of the ladies present was wearing a pair of leather leggings with knee high boots and a silk shirt.  By my reckoning, she must be in her mid-sixties.  And guess what?  She looked sensational!  Think Helen Mirren!

So … on my wish list, and pushing everything else out of pole position, is a pair of leather leggings and these are one of the many pairs that have caught my eye.  (Don’t gasp at the price … I could have chosen the ‘The Row’ ones, at a mere £1,790!!)  Today’s Wednesday Wish is a pair of J Brand Mid Rise skinny leather leggings. Swoon!
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. amazing look!
    just followed you! keep in touch!

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! yes if money were no object these would be 1st choice! I bought a primark pair last month-they are the only primark jeans I own as the fit was actually very good, only £15 too, not bad for faux leather!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love leather jeans/trousers, you are so right worn correctly, age shouldn't be an issue.....p.s. did you watch fabulous fashionista's last night on tv? Some amazing ladies, who are just so cool, with an average age of about 80!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them but am leaving them to my daughters! I'd like to see the 60 year old in them and then I might change my mind x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love leather trousers - a big chunky knit to play them down and away you go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please do not tempt me any further....these trews are awesome!! And exactly what is missing from my wardrobe!! I am off to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! DOn't care if I'm considered too old - if I could afford them I'd wear them! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect! I'm looking for a great pair too that I can easily get on and don't cost the earth:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure I can go there. I want to but I can't. Waxed cotton is as rock chick as I get and I don't have a pair of those either but those by J Brand look sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a pair not dissimilar that I bought from the Jimmy Choo H & M collaboration, I haven't seen them for ages, but may unearth when I unpack for the ultimate closet, I did wear them a few times, with flow-y tops so that I didn't look like an extra from the Matrix, but I always felt a bit Stevie Nicks c. 1985, it's all about the styling and I am rubbish at that! The leather is fantastic if you are lucky enough to track down the JC ones on Ebay, but you need to go at least one size bigger than regular HM sizing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are gorgeous Helen but Laura would definitely wear them so I don't think I would get away with it! I might try the waxed look like Sue:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are stunning Helen, I really want a more coated pair as I have normal leathery ones but sometimes they are a bit OTT! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous trousers Helen, I keep looking then persuade myself my coated ones will suffice but you're tempting me further! x

    ReplyDelete