Friday, 6 September 2013

Accessories - Chosen by Fashion Bloggers


Sometimes, despite our best efforts, it is not always possible to conceal psoriasis; I’m thinking of areas like hands, necks or d├ęcolletage.   In these instances, as I have repeatedly said, the only ploy is distraction and accessories are the best way to do this.  A great scarf or a piece of jewellery will draw the eye away from your skin and onto to the areas you wish to highlight.

I love Zara and Massimo Dutti as much as the next person, but even I will admit that it is very annoying to find half the population wearing the same thing.  It’s nice to be different and so today, I would like to point you in the direction of three online shops, where you can buy accessories that will not necessarily be worn by every second person on your street.  Three very enterprising fashion bloggers have set up shops on their blogs and are offering some wonderful items at exceptionally reasonable prices.  Interested?  I thought so!  Let me tell you more…

First up, we have the very stylish Avril from the phenomenally successful blog, School Gate Style.  A lady who truly knows her accessories, Avril has now got a fabulous range of scarves and statement necklaces available on her blog.  The choice of colours is terrific, so I decided to step away from my usual muted shades and opt for her yellow Mosaic scarf.  At only £10, this represents great value.  (It is temporarily out of stock, but this will be rectified within a few days.  In the meantime there are a ton of other patterns and shades to choose from.)  The palette of the scarf includes blues, purples and grey, which make it versatile with a range of outfits and for those of us with scalp psoriasis, it couldn’t be a more perfect camouflage.
 


And in homage to School Gate Style, I give you the ‘blogger looking downwards’ pose (plus one of me squinting in the sunshine)!
 
 
Alongside her scarves, there is a variety of super necklaces and bracelets, as well as a selection from the very popular Pluck and Devour range.  All are priced very competitively.  Further details can be found here, http://schoolgatestyle.tictail.com/.  I urge you take a look (but don’t blame me when you spend more than you had planned!)

Second on my list is the lovely Fiona from Avenue 57, whose shop can be found at http://avenue57.tictail.com/.  Fiona sells a range of scarves and jewellery, but for those who are interested, she also does a limited range of tops, dresses and sweaters.  This Scarlett Silk Top is one that I am contemplating right now and quite honestly, I’m not sure where else you would find a 100% silk top for only £25!
 


The major plus of Fiona’s shop is that you can ask her on the dedicated Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/559732314066645/) to model any item you are considering!  Not just that, she will ask advice as to what you, the customer, would like her to stock; she welcomes honest feedback on your purchases; she provides tremendous customer service … and best of all, she does so with great humour and wit!   Go join her page (all welcome!) and you’ll see what I mean!

Finally, the very talented Sue from Susie So So, who after much encouragement from many other bloggers, has finally decided to sell her own handmade jewellery online.  Her range is exquisite; delicate, beautiful and guaranteed to be different to anything else you’ve seen.  Her shop can be accessed at this link, http://susieho.tictail.com/.   This is my favourite piece, the Beachcomber Necklace.  It would be stunning with a plain tee or white shirt.
 


All these blogs are UK based, but, in the interests of my Irish readers, I’ve confirmed that all items can be posted to Ireland.  You can email the ladies directly for details of postage rates and delivery times.

So, what do you think?  Have I tempted you to do a little online shopping?  And if I have, I would love to hear what you think of your purchases.

Have a lovely weekend.

 

20 comments:

  1. Helen, thank you SOOO much for the feature.

    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'More than welcome. I felt it would be just mean not to share the details of your great shop!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Helen - glad you like your new scarf! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it ... wearing it right now actually. Love the fact that it goes so well with so many of my tops and jackets.

      Delete
  3. Lovely items, and 3 super lovely ladies. A great blog post Helen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you've had a browse in their stores ... definitely worth a look!

      Delete
  4. Aww bless you Helen. That's really kind of you and really unexpected. The beachcomber is a favourite of mine as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, you're very welcome! That beachcomber will be mine very soon!!!

      Delete
  5. Three fabulous shops. I have a lovely necklace from Avril's shop and can confirm excellent service and pricing. Oh, and you've reminded me to check out Sue and Fiona's ranges again too :-)

    I love the scarf on you, it really suits your colouring and enhances that classic jeans/shirt combo. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna. Avril's scarves are gorgeous. In fact all three of them have great stock. I love the fact that it's just a little different from clothes that you see on everyone else!

      Delete
  6. These girls really know what we want, and its all so wearable and affordable too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do know their market, that's for sure!

      Delete
  7. A really lovely post Helen. I have one of Avril's gorgeous necklaces that I will feature next week. Thank you for bringing Susie's gorgeous jewellery to my attention too! It is beautiful. Love Liz xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - it's so beautifully delicate, which is lovely. I look forward to reading your post on the necklace.

      Delete
  8. Brilliant post Helen - I love all three stores - there are 2 silk dresses from Fiona's shop that you just reminded me of - I need to get them ordered! She has so much that is so beautiful - some very AllSaints items for a 10th of their prices! I just received a scarf from Avril too which is stunning - and I have my very own Susie Ho design too - I'm a lucky girl:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! Can't wait to see which dresses you order from Fiona's stock. There are so many tops in her shop that I love ... and without meaning to, she has even catered for the psoriasis market as well with lots of sleeves going on!!!

      Delete
  9. The silk top is beautiful, I can't believe it is only £25, so much for not spending in September!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dresses. I like the scarf and the lovely Fiona dress. Do you have a branch in Philippines?
    http://angelicnediah.wix.com/allure-boutique

    ReplyDelete
  11. good collection of accessories.....
    Buy mens wallets online
    http://www.linoperros.com/categories/mens-wallet/cid-CU00073751.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  12. the scarf looks good, definitely will look good an any dress or clothes, this is a good blog informs other ladies the about accessories and where you purchased them and why you love them :)

    ReplyDelete