Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Wednesday Wish


My Wednesday Wish is all about fantasy.  A little sojourn into a world where budgets don’t apply so one can buy whatever one wants.  And do I have a little piece of fantasy for you today.

This time last year, if someone had mentioned Twitter to me, I would have stood (probably with my hands on my hips) and denounced it as being ridiculous.  How on earth could people have anything of interest to say in 140 characters?  Roll on one year and I’m addicted.  It’s amazing the things I’ve discovered, the people I’ve learnt about and the fun I’ve had.  And today, courtesy of the wonderful author Marian Keyes (you should follow her; she’s hilarious, @MarianKeyes), I’m going to share one of these things with you.  A lady renowned for her love of colour, Marian recently mentioned her love of Sophia Webster shoes.

So … I was intrigued!  I went to the website … my jaw dropped!  The first thing that sprang to mind was Alice in Wonderland.   Or perhaps that should be Alice in Wonderland combined with all the girliest of girly desires.  This website dazzles with shoes that are beautiful and colourful and bizarre.  I loved it.  I loved it so much that I struggled over which shoe I should choose to display.  So I went for two pairs!!  People, who cares if you have psoriasis on your feet?  Wear a pair of these and nobody will notice!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I had a look on the website. Some are truly amazing ... like works of art ... And some are too wacky to be worn. But overall I love them and would definitely buy a pair if ... they are even semi comfortable!! I also like the idea that anyone can wear them ... even with skin problems ... as they draw people to the shoe and the foot if you get what I mean!!! An original find! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them. A very mixed response to this week's wish ... they were described as clowns shoes on my FB page!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aren't they? But for those who see fashion as fun, I think they're perfect :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE these, they are totally unique, not something that everyone knows you picked up at Zara, Are you buying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad you like them. At that price, no! I won't be buying just now. But I do know a few people who are planning a purchase having seen this post ... so I'll enjoy them vicariously!!

      Delete