Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Wednesday Wish


I do like a nice cardi!  Now before you all instantly log off in disgust, let me qualify that statement.  I like long cardigans.  Or perhaps they should be called coatigans?  Something that can be worn instead of a jacket or coat, is a little more casual and is perfect for this time of year.  (*whispers in case of jinx* Is that Spring I see outside?  Finally?)

I realise that this is a very personal preference; certainly the OH has been known to roll his eyes in horror when I appear in one.  But I love them.  Pop on a great scarf and bag and the long cardi will look stylish and elegant.  Invited to a bbq when the temperatures are less than balmy?  The long cardi will be your saviour.  Less formal than a jacket yet more stylish than a normal cardigan, this is an item of clothing that you’ll have in your wardrobe for years to come.  Right now, I’m kinda’ lusting after this longline cardigan from The White Company (and again, when are you opening a branch in Dublin?)  The mink shade will go with everything, it’s not so long that it will dwarf a smaller frame, it’s 100% cashmere and better still it’s on sale right now.   Definitely one to add to the wishlist!
perfect colour & sleeve length to conceal psoriasis
 

19 comments:

  1. Oooh yes I love a good cardigan - long, short, loose or tight!
    I LOVE that grey one (I do not like the price though!) - Can see why it's on the wish list

    Happy 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona (who knew there was sooo much to write about clothes!!) In fairness, the price isn't too bad for 100% cashmere - but still outside my current budget sadly!

      Delete
  2. I will admit that I am also a huge fan of the boyfriend cardigan...they cover a multitude of sins!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely a large part of their appeal!!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes please, this is such a wardrobe staple, but with a big bit of luxury thrown in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 'em - the Boden Effortless cardigan has to be one of my favorites - light, soft and a great price with their discounts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they still stock it? I must go and have a look.

      Delete
  5. This one is just lovely. Really perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The long cardigan has been a favourite of yours for a long time!!! Long, cream and Dunnes ring a bell?? Love todays post, Congrats on 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes! A birthday present many years ago (the one that was described by the fashion mags as looking like it was a Joseph cardigan) .. and I still have it .. and I still wear it! So well done you on choosing so well :)

      Delete
  7. This is beautiful, in my mind it is quite solid, almost like a coat, then it would be perfect, I shall keeping an eye out for it at Bicester Village!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you're depressing me. Are you telling me there's a White Company outlet in Bicester??? NOT FAIR!!!!

      Delete
  8. My wardrobe has a lot of cardigans ! Probably partly because I am always cold, but lets say it is fashion too!! Love this colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really nice but it is grey and I have loads of grey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I rarely meet a brown or grey cardi i haven't loved. And like you I love the long ones. The short ones never get worn as I like to cover the PA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helen-this is a real style investment and I think it would look great over white jeans too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to thank you for this wonderful
    read!! I definitely loved every little bit
    of it. I have got you book-marked to look at new things you
    post…

    Here is my web-site; saffron extract review

    ReplyDelete